5 things 2019 has taught me




2019 was not a great year, like many I faced hardships but that is not to say that i didn't learn a lot along the way. Here are five things that I learnt in 2019.


1. Know your own self - worth: This is the biggest lesson of 2019 for me and I had to persevere through a lot of shit to finally learn that I, as a person am worth so much more than all of those who tried to tell me otherwise.

2. Cherish your true friends, forget the others: This year has shown me that true friends will be there no matter what, any time, any place, under any circumstance. They will be there for you when you need them without asking questions. Those who aren't your real friends will just cause unecessary complications and drama - get rid of them!

3. Spend money on experiences not things: I don't know about you but I much prefer going somewhere or doing something with people rather than buying them something. I remember times not things.

4. Appreciate every moment you spend with your friends: For the first part of 2019, I was still in university and living five minutes from my friends, something I took for granted at the time. Now I have to travel for several hours every couple of months to see them for a few days. Cherish all of the little moments that you spend with the people you love.

5. You are always going to the villian in someones story, accept this: This took a lot of time for me to accept, I couldn't understand why people were treating me the way they were and then it dawned on me that these people were only hearing one persons interpretation of events, those which painted me to be the villian of the story. This was out of my control and I had to learn to accept it and move on.



This is what 2019 taught me, I'm going to take these lessons with me into 2020. Excited to uncover the lessons that this year has in store for me! 💛

Comments